Craig D. Peterson, PMP
Craig D. Peterson, PMP has worked in the project management arena for over 20 years. His activities began with the U.S. Coast Guard, where he managed a variety of different projects, including redesigning and implementing a telephone system on a 7+-acre base.
After leaving the U.S. Coast Guard, Craig worked as a project manager for a company manufacturing specialized computer systems for government agencies and contractors. His next employer manufactured power system products. Here, he managed new product development projects, including several that resulted in U.S. Patents.
In 2002, Craig started working with The MITRE Corporation as a Lead General Systems Engineer. Here, he assists government customers with establishing, maintaining and improving their project environments.
When Craig is not busy working and volunteering within his community, he finds time to do activities with his wife Judy, daughter Caroline, and the family Golden Retriever, Charlotte.
Craig’s goals as the President of the Risk Management SIG are:
- Continued growth of RM SIG membership, which will allow for
- Funding for projects
- Completion of key products that are valued and support RM SIG member needs
- Increased contribution of RM SIG to science of risk management
- Greater "marketing" of RM SIG
- Increased participation by members in RM SIG projects
Craig Peterson may be reached at email@example.com